There are a lot of contests buzzing on web, but we do not really see these contests. Either we miss it or don’t bother it. Whatever the prize is, getting something free of cost is really cool. From License keys to costly softwares, everything you can get free. But you must keep an eye on the contests going on web. Whether you win or lose, or your entry is valid or not, participating and taking chances is a must.
Recently, I won a contest – 75000 Facebook Followers on a blog. One of my friends popped me a question “How do you find these contests?” and I was surprised that none of my friends saw the contest even though I shared it on all social media sites. If they had seen the contest they would have participated in this contest.
I am cracking you, how I actually find these blog giveaways. I am also just like you who have so many friends and lots of updates that I miss so many contests. It is so simple I filter my social network feeds to get all contests and freebies together.
Facebook is the most popular social networking site with 500 million active users. I am sure you too use Facebook. So to find blog contests -
- Just go to facebook.com/search
- Select “Post by friends” option, since it can show you the most relevant giveaways according to your taste.
- On the Search form, Enter “Giveaway” or “Blog Giveaway” or “win” to get all the contests from your friends and pages.
You can even select “Posts by everyone” to see all contests posted by Facebook users but it is less relevant.
Also you can use Openbook to search and get contests posted by all Facebook users with public profiles.
So if you are a Twitter addict guy who wants to find giveaways and free stuff use Google Realtime Search to search tweets.
- Go to google.com/realtime
- Enter keywords like “web giveaway” or “blog contest” and search.
- See the top updates column to see hottest contests going on.
- Just take part in the contest
Giveaway Search Engine
There is also a karate kid on the block. Giveawayscout.It scans thousands of giveaway and contest blogs and add them to their easy searchable search engine neatly categorized according to the time the giveaway has started.
So you are lucky if you are a Facebook user with lot of bloggers as friends and get instant updates of latest giveaways and tech updates.
Which was the giveaway you recently won? Which way do you prefer to track giveaways? Do you know any other ways to find the latest giveaways? What do you think Juniorhero must giveaway this Christmas?
- Juniorhero 2012 [ROUNDUP]
- HOW TO: 3 Ways to Find Girls on Facebook
- Apple iPhone 5 Giveaway 2013
- Fix your Facebook Privacy with PrivacyDefender
- Geekchart knows the Social networks you love : social media tool